Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday

So today is Good Friday, and that means that Easter is only a couple days away. I'd like to say Happy Easter to everyone and hope that we can all reflect on why Easter is a holiday. I got a cool quote today, it's by Jeffery R. Holland, one of the 12 Apostles on the earth today. Here's his quote...

Surely the most majestic moment of that fateful Friday, when nature
convulsed and the veil of the temple was rent, was that unspeakably
merciful moment when Christ said, 'Father, forgive them; for they know
not what they do.' As our advocate with the Father, He is still making
that same plea today--in your behalf and in
mine. (Jeffery Ro Holland, "The Peaceable Things of the Kingdom", Ensign, Nov. 1996, 83)

In the spirit of Easter, the Song of the Day is I Know That My Redeemer Lives from the new Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Orchestra At Temple Square CD, Then Sings My Soul. HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: