Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Early Morning Basketball

I've decided that I need to do something that helps me to exercise a little. Get rid of the tire that is currently hanging around my mid section. I'm not a big exercise freak, as a matter of fact the only times I like to run, or that I run usually is if I'm chasing something, like playing b-ball or one of my kids is running around, or if I'm being chased, like by a big dog, and even then I'd have to really think about a couple things. If I'm running with anyone, I only have to outrun that person. If I'm running alone, then I might just have to let the dog catch up and do it's damage. Anyway, the idea of me and exercise is almost laughable. This morning however, with a couple of other guys in the neighborhood. Talk about kicking my butt. I ran for all of 1 minute before I was ready to head home and crawl back into bed. I stayed and tortured myself a while longer and had a good time. I'll pay for it tomorrow. We'll see if I can keep up some sort of exercise though, wish me luck.

Now for the Song of the Day. I know I missed it yesterday, it was a pretty hectic day. Today has kind of been that way too, only about 30 minutes of desk time so far today. So not many songs listened too. So here we go, let's get one. I should keep track of past songs of the day so I don't repeat too often. Today's Song of the Day is...Tell Me Why (Featuring Mary J. Blige) by Will Smith on his newest album Lost And Found. It's a really good song and basically asks the question 'Why?'. It starts out by talking about the morning of Sept. 11th and his son asking him about what happened and why it happened. He goes on to ask questions like, 'Why is human life always denided for loot', 'Why the can't love seem to defeat hate'. Anyway, if you haven't heard it, have a listen. Great song.

No comments: