Thursday, April 13, 2006

Twix and a DP

So I kind of skipped lunch today because of a couple things. 1. I didn't bring anything, big reason. 2. I had some meetings that took up the lunch, plus I've been working on some stuff that needs to get done. Now when I say kind of missed lunch, that means I did eat something, I had some ramen...dry. Didn't take time to make it properly, I just smashed the noodles and ate them dry. It's a pretty good snack. So I'm sitting here realizing that my snack of a lunch didn't last very long, so I went and got a Twix and a DP. For someone who is trying, albeit not very hard, to lose weight a Twix and a DP isn't going to help me knock off those pounds. But I'm going to eat it anyway and see how things go.

Now it's time for the Song of the Day. I'm having a bad music today where nothing is really striking my mood. The kind of tired, kind of grumpy, kind of hungry, and ready for a weekend so I'm being extra picky today. So I'll give it a couple skips forward to figure it out. Ok, after having to look through the list I think I found it. It's by country star Blake Shelton. The song is called Some Beach. Basically it's about dreaming about being on some beach somewhere because of "some beach". One of the verses and the chorus in the song are...

I sat in that waiting room
It seemed like all afternoon
The nurse finally said doc's ready for you
you're not gonna feel a thing we'll give you some novocain
That tooth will be fine in a minute or two
But he stuck that needle down deep in my gum
And he started drilling before I was numb

Some beach
Somewhere
There's a beautiful sunset burning up the atmosphere
There's music and dancing and lovers romancing
In the salty evening air
On some beach
Somewhere
On some beach, somewhere


I sure would like to be on a beach somewhere.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried the new berries and cream DP? Good stuff. Wouldn't recommend it because, well I'm trying to lay off the soda also. Its good and I can see where it would be addicting.

Anyway, happy Good Friday.

Tracy said...

Tried it and hated it...too sweet. But hey to each his own.