Thursday, April 27, 2006

Google

Over the past few days, I have gotten more involved with online functions using google. I've used Google Earth before and have had g-mail almost from its inception, but have not really used it. I am so excited about some of the other functions.

For example, with g-mail, I can use it to sort my emails which really helps with my geocaching downloads. It also makes it so I can download direct from my GSAK (Geocashing Swiss Army Knife) program instead of downloading to my computer and then loading into GSAK.

The newest program is Calendar. It's not really new, but is new to me. It is so versitile and has so many different capabilities that we are able to share information, dates, times, and events. You can look specifically at your own calendar or everyone that you share calendars. This way, I can look at mine, my wife's, brother's, and sister's to see if we can plan a family function or to see what other events we can work on.

Working with Google, the Firefox internet browser has add-ons that can help you to monitor your g-mail account and will actually log you on automatically by the press of a button.

Another thing that I will start using that will incorporate all of these plus news, weather, and other items is the Google homepage where I can set it up the way I want, having my g-mail and calendar incorporated within. How cool is that? Its like one-stop shopping, without actually spending money.

Anyway, of all the things to blog, I think this seems more like a commercial which is ok because the more people that I know that switch to Firefox and Google, the better. I do have invites available to friends who would like one so if you don't have g-mail and would like to sign up, send me an e-mail and I will get you an invite.

No comments: