Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Movie Review Legend of Zorro

My motives for seeing this film were because of one line in the 2nd film from the trailer. Zorro's son makes a comment that I thought was pretty funny. Because of that, I wanted to see the 2nd show but thought it appropriate to see the first before I saw the 2nd. Go figure.

Anyway, not what I thought but a very good movie. From the previews that I remember, I originally though Anthony Hopkin's character to be the bad guy. (Not that I really paid attention, but I digress...)

Not an A+ movie, but it does have its funny parts. Hero's of all sorts have to have a comedic line on more than one occasion. The interaction between Catherine Zeta-Jones' character and Antonio Banderas character are hilarious but predictable. I like the choreography for the fight scenes but at no point do I feel that the bad guys may actually have the upper hand except at the beginning with Anthony Hopkin's character (can you tell I'm trying not to add any spoilers...)

I'm sure most have seen this but if you haven't, I would recommend the watch. Not an "I've got to have this for my collection" but it is a good Saturday night rental from the video store.

No comments: