Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fool's Day

I have never been one for jokes or pranks, in fact, I'm actually pretty bad at them. April Fool's Day will always be a significant day for me though. April Fool's Day was kind of a running joke with my father.

Every time this day came around every year, my dad would tell me of his two greatest April Fool's jokes. He enlisted in the Navy on April 1st and he started his own business on April 1st. Each time he would tell the story, he would say that he signed up for the Navy on April 1st and once he got there, he tried to tell them it was an April Fool's joke. Same thing with his business. "It was just a joke" or "I was only kidding" were common punch lines to his jokes.

So, as you ponder your own shenanigans on this day of Fool's and Pranks, don't try these two. Dad proved that these jokes don't get a very good chuckle for quite a few years.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I could hear him saying that when I read it, with his classic laugh. Those were the days!