Wednesday, April 06, 2005

They lied to me.....

Thanks to the wonderful weather we've been having, (rain/snow then sunny, then back to rain, then ok, then snow, then...), I have contracted your common cold. I hate being sick and there are a lot of people who are catching it (not from me since everyone else has been sick and I'm catching the tail end of it.) People at work, the kids, it seems everyone is getting sick.

So, I decided to go to the store this morning before work to get some medicine to help fight this nasty little bug. I got Vick's DayQuil to help me. It states that it doesn't cause drowsiness. Well, I have to tell you, I'm drowsy. I think they lied. I can tell that the medicine has kicked in because my head is swimming and if it weren't for backspace, you would see how poorly I've been typing.

Granted, I'm sick so that my contribute to my tiredness and I got up early for work. Also that my daughter came into bed and started coughing in my ear waking me up. And that I tossed and turned all night because I couldn't breathe. And I may have also gone to bed a little later than normal last night. So, I'm drowsy.... Big deal... I want nothing more than to be home in bed, listening to a movie as I drift off into a fitful cold-induced slumber.

The more I talk about a nap, the better it sounds. Even the word sounds really good. Say it with me... nnnnnaaaaaaappppp.... Nap. Nappy, nap-naptime...

I really need to lay off the cold medicine. I think it's making me a little goofy. I'm too tired to think about it so I'll go to sleep and figure it all out later. Mostly because I forgot what I was talking about...

No comments: