Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Getting Old Sux

A member of our ward is putting together a softball team. He is trying to do a stake league and if the stake does not want to participate, he is organizing our team for the City league. I really like softball so I'm excited to play.

Yesterday was practice. I didn't do too bad. I missed a couple of fly balls that I should have caught, missed a few grounders, that sort of thing. All in all, I didn't do as bad as I could have for not having played in quite some time.

Running around out there, I realized how out of shape I really am. On top of that, because I am getting older, my body doesn't respond as well to dramatic increased physical activity as it used to, meaning, I'm a little sore today. More specifically, my back. I haven't done as much so my lower back got a little tweeked during practice so its a little difficult to move today. Guess it's time to start strengthening my lower back.

I'm hoping that next practice will be a little better.

No comments: