Monday, August 01, 2005

Changes....

We have started with some of the changes that we discussed. First, I went and bought another vehicle. I actually get it today because there are a couple of things they had to fix. It's a cheap car that will help me get around a little giving me some freedom from the UTA transit system.

Second, I have applied for a job with another company. This will be a second, night/weekend type position. I also have by brother-in-law putting out some feelers to see if there is anything else out there also. I'm looking at a non-desk type preferrably in a retail type setting. I am also going to look at Hollywood Video because, well, I actually like that store.

If neither of those pan out, I may look at gas station because, well, part time menial work is part time menial work. The money earned will help pay for the increase in the budget with the new car (payment, fuel, insurance, etc.) but will also help give us the cushion we need to start makeing some other changes. Not 100% on what those changes will be but it doesn't hurt to put the money away for them right now.

Another thing that has really been bothering me of late is that we, as a family, do not have a consistant work ethic (I say that as I'm blogging on company time, so what does that tell you?) Actually, we don't focus so much on what needs to be done. Instead, we focus on what is easy and will give us that notch that we did something today. For example, (not sure if I mentioned this or not but we have a new rabbit and a hamster), Mason will change the water for the rabbit and call it good for a day. It is 1 task just as cleaning his bedroom is 1 task but the rabbit is easy and then he can say he did a chore.

We did spend a good amount of time in the backyard getting some things cleaned up. Have quite a few things to do still. I'm looking at doing a dump run by the end of the month as we are getting a pretty good stack going. Once I get rid of that junk, finish mowing down the weeds, and get rid of the car in the backyard (that doesn't run), life will be a lot better.

No comments: