Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Here we are again...

Ok, so I said I'd blog laters and here it is laters and I'm blogging. I just ate two hot dogs for lunch and I'm washing it down with a little Dr. Pepper. It wasn't a bad lunch, except I think that the hot dog buns were a little moldy, at least I got a funny taste in my mouth that could have been mold. I finished the hot dog, just not the bun. Anyway, now that you know what I had for lunch today, what did you have?

Well life is going well right now. I'm still having a hard time realizing that it is August. The year is going really fast, which is good and bad. Yesterday marked the fourth month of living in the new house, and I was realizing how fun it was as I did some little house maintenance chores. I like being a home owner, but I know that it is going to be a lot of fun as things get older and older. We finally got our sprinkler system set up to run on the timer, it's so nice. One less think I have to worry about. Next up is the fence, which is going to be a lot of fun.

So in my efforts to write a novel or a short story or just a first page to something I have an idea of how I'm going to start it. Here it goes, let me know what you think...

"It happened"
"What happened"
"It...you know..."
"Oh, that. When do you leave?"
"This afternoon. I'm on the 1:21 flight to New York."
"They don't waste time do they."

Ok, so I didn't give you as much as I wanted to, but I got side tracked and lost my train of creative thought. Or whatever you want to call it. Anyway, I think starting out that way is going to work ok, introductions will come shortly after that opening dialog and then it will go into the rest of the story. Let me know what you think of something starting out that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting. I'm wondering what actually happened other than "it" It boggles the mind at the possibilities. This could be a suspense/mystery, a Tom Clancey novel, a sci-fi novel, .... The possibilities are endless.