Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Success!!

Well we did it! Tiaree successfully completed her first day of school. I successfully got through her first day of school with minimul crying. It's really funny because when I saw her short little face sticking up looking out the window of the bus I had such a wave of relief wash over me. I was sooo nervous to have her come home all by herself on the bus. But I grew a backbone and let her and she got home just fine. She has a tag she wears that tells what bus she is on, her home address and her name. Her teacher put her down on the list for the right bus right in front of me so I was somewhat calmed by that fact. I knew her teacher would get her on the right bus. I was so worried because I forgot to tell her what stop to get off at. But luckily there is only one stop before the one she gets off at and I can see that bus stop too. The only problem is that she was too excited to get off and left her backpack on the bench and had to wait to go get it until all the kids got off. But a nice boy went ahead and grabbed it and gave it to her.
I can't believe that my little girl is old enough to go to Kindergarten and old enough to ride the bus by herself. Tiaree might be able to fall right into the routine of things but Mom is going to take some adjusting to get used to it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's usually the mom's that have more trouble letting go. The kids are usually ok with it. Well, for school anyway. Nursury is a COMPLETELY different story.