Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wascally Wabbits

For those of you that don't know, we have invested in a rabbit. Cage, water bottle, food, etc. It's a cute little female rabbit that has a fun personality. Apparently, most rabbits are like that. They like to have fun and play around.

We have done this for a couple of reasons.

(1) For fun. Basically we felt 2 dogs and a cat just wasn't enough so we got another furry thing.

(2) Apparently, rabbits are edible. Not sure how I feel about this, but if we can't go over on groceries for a month... (Actually, this is a partial truth. We don't have to be low on the grocery budget.) Ok, real truth. From my previous posts, Aly and I are looking at ways to get back to basics. We are thinking of what a self-sufficient life would be and raising your own food would be a good start. Because of where we live, pigs, goats, cows and chickens are out of the question. So, we start with the next best thing.

Well, as I was doing some research on the computer, my wife called me to inform me that we are out of bedding material for Fidget (that's the rabbits name.) I went to Walmart and bought bedding and a few treats for the rabbit. Its been fun and the kids have gotten involved with it. They have had fun with the rabbit as well.

So, those of you interested, I have purchased a booklet on building rabbit cages and we are going to learn to breed them in the not-to-distant future. For those of you that want pets, let me know. For those of you that don't, I've got some recipes also.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is disturbing to me. I remember I had a rabbit once and it's head got eaten by the dog that lived behind us. Sad day for me. I want a rabbit, never to eat, that's just disturbing.

Nicole said...

Is this a good idea. "Here kids have a new sweet soft pet. Oh by the way don't get too attached its next sundays dinner." Ugh very disturbing. Tracy I am with you on that one too. Pets for sure food no way. Grow some wheat or some veggies. Leave the slaughtering to the slaughter houses.