Monday, August 08, 2005

Men vs. women

Whadda Blog
Can we just take a moment and talk about men vs. women. I received an email that was fairly accurate on how to please each other. Basically women are high maintenance and Men just want food, sleep and sex. Not neccessarily in that order. I just don't undestand why we have to be so different. Referring to my hubby and I. Lets just put it this way I care about things and he doesn't give a hoot about much.

Men have it too easy. They don't have as many emotions, worries, stresses and what not. Men unfortunately get to be dads when it is convenient. No offense guys but the opportunity you have to get up and do pretty much what you choose. You don't think well what do I do with the kids? do they need baths? food? etc. Again not entirely your fault. Yeah you have to work but still work can be an out. When you spend 24/7 with toddlers you will understand why we talk your ears off when you call or get home. Or how we can spend hours on the phone with another mom. Most the men I know are great dads. You men just got a little lucky on the raising the kids end. Its really not your fault its just the way it works. Just remember that us ladies didn't get ourselfs pregnant.

Men like it when we cook, clean and give special treatment and do those house wife type of things like in the old days and that is ok. I am fine with that but I think us ladies deserve to have the utmost respect that women used to get. Flowers, love, romance, hell a car door being opened would be nice once in a while. If men want old fashioned women that "stay in the kitchen" then you better be an old fashioned man that makes us feel like a million dollars no matter what.

Talking is another issue. Women love it men hate it. What is up with that? I talk a lot I know it. I speak my mind I know it. Why should I hold it all in so I can have issues down the road, yeah thats a good idea. Guys talk a lot too but usually about nonsense. My hubby could go on for hours making fun of me or those around me. Or I talk he makes fun of me then I get mad so I stop talking and he all the sudden wants to talk. I don't get it. Funny thing is if I am talking to much I get told to stop and if I am not talking at all I am told to start. Weird how that is. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

Okay here is another. Why can men dish the crap but can't take it? I see it in every man I know. They punch you its funny. You punch them back and they get mad. They make fun of you its hillarious but when the tables turn and they want to have a somewhat serious conversation and you do to them what they do to you they get pissy about it.

I just wonder every day why we are so different and why we are ok with that. I just wonder if us ladies started acting more like the men what would happen. I am not huge into the whole women taking over the world thing. Anything a man can do so can women. Well if ladies want to more power to ya. I don't mind being the wife and mom but I do expect the respect and appreciation I deserve for doing it thats all.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think it is funny to hear you complain. I happen to know that your husband has a lot of respect for you. And if you forget that I will come to Missouri and kick your a$$ myself. You have a man that is willing to clean the dishes and help around the house. He also loves you very much and is a great dad to your kids, so stop complaining. ;) Love ya sis.