Thursday, March 27, 2008

Helpin' Mother Nature

So we have started to improve our home by planting some trees. I planted 2 trees in the yard last night. I have some raspberry bushes to plant as well but have to finish getting the area cleaned up and fenced off so the kids and dogs will stay out. Haven't fully figured everything out but will probably have the bushes planted in the next few days with any luck.

The two trees are fruit trees. One is nectarines, which I really like a lot, and the other is cherry. The one thing about cherry trees is that you need another cherry tree to pollinate but this tree is different. It has 4 different trees grafted together and is therefore self-pollinating. If it weren't a tree, I'd be worried. Anyway, I'll get some pictures up to show you but I got them planted and then moved on to other things.

Last night was Nicki D's b-day so we had some pizza and watched a movie. It was a lot of fun. Other than that, not a whole lot going on.

No comments: