Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movie Review - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

So I've decided that I'm not going to take the advice of the 101.9 The End movie critic guy. I've seen a couple shows now that he gave bad review and I can tell you they are pretty cool. I was hesitant to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium because of this guys review. As a matter of fact, we went and saw Enchanted in the theaters instead of this movie because of that review. I think that if he gives it a bad review, I'll go see it because he's been wrong for me a couple of times. Of course it is all according to yourself.

Anyway, Mr. Magorium's is a magical movie. I think I smiled through most of it because of how cool it was. I was really tired and expected to fall asleep through it, but stayed awake because I was just drawn in. The hardest part of watching this movie was seeing Natalie Portman with short hair. Some girls can pull of short hair, but this was too much. Her hair was shorter than Jason Bateman, who played a great part. They called him mutant. Dustin Hoffman did a great job as Mr. Magorium. He was mysterious and strange, kind of reminded me of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Just that off the wall kind of character that seems to be everywhere and thinking everything at once. It was a good show. I'm going to grade it a B+, based on Natalie Portman's haircut and her conducting, that was annoying to watch. It was a very entertaining show.

No comments: