Friday, March 21, 2008

Things that make you go "hmmmm."

So, recently, I had a few moments that I really didn't know how to respond to my own questions. They are very philosophical in nature and, because of recent events, have decided to put them out to you, the Whadda Blog fans.

1. I was thinking about restaurants the other day. I remember some ads for restaurants stating that it was "like home". I understand the concept of the cooking being like homemade, but I got to thinking a little bit more about this. If these restaurants are "like home", does the waitress come and make you stay at the table until you have finished everything on your plate? Do they not offer you desert if you don't eat all your vegetables? What about if you have your elbows on the table? Do you have to bus your own table and load them in the dishwasher? Anyway....


2. The other thing I was thinking about is swearing. I think I posted on that subject before but not quite like this. I know I don't have the cleanest speech but my daughter has picked up quite the potty mouth. I blame school or at least the other kids at school because I know that some of the word she uses, I don't. Anyway, I was thinking about swearing and punishments for such. When we were kids, and I've used this on my kids, when you swore you got your mouth washed out with soap. It made me wonder about two categories that are not discussed with this type of punishment. What about deaf children and swearing in blogs, IM, etc. Do you make them wash their hands with soap?

I'm sure there are a lot more "hmmmm" moments and as I approach them, I will try and share. There are a lot out there that I have seen in e-mail or have been told by others. Some of them are fun and make you laugh. Others make you take a step back and actually think about them.

No comments: