Thursday, March 13, 2008

Song of the Day - March 13, 2008

I've decided that if I miss a day, instead of going back and choosing the Song of the Day a day late, I'm just going to skip it. I'm sorry there will be songless days, but sometimes life just gets in the way. I'll writing the Song of the Day in the morning before the work day gets into full swing and I get so tied up in things that I can barely breath.

For the song today I'm going to pick one of the many great songs by the group Peter, Paul, and Mary. This is a group that for some reason reminds me of summer afternoons growing up. My mom would clean the house in the morning on Saturdays with Whitney Houston blaring, which for a teenage boy is a very wrong way to wake up. But after the Whitney albums were over, we'd pull out some of this better music. Groups like The Alan Parsons Project, Eddie Rabbit, and Peter, Paul, and Mary to name a few.

Today's song is "Lemon Tree". This song is just well written. Other songs on this album include Puff the Magic Dragon, Stewball, Leaving on a Jet Plane, and If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song) all of which could have been the song of the day. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Songless days? How wrong is that. Every day should have a song.

"If music be the spice of life, then play on..."