Friday, March 21, 2008

Movie Review - Bee Movie

Last night we watched "Bee Movie". I was kind of excited to watch this show because it looked like it was done well. We wanted to take the kids while the movie was in theaters, but we just never did. So we put it on the Netflix list as soon as we could and got it earlier this week.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I'm looking at it from the standpoint of would the kids like it and was it entertaining. Yes, it covered those well. There were some things that had me laughing out loud, including one line that made Chels and I chuckle but the kids were like...huh? A little bit of adult humor. Overall the animation was pretty good, there were a couple of times the female cartoon lead in the movie looked cross-eyed and a lot of the vehicles were square for the most part. But the overall entertainment value of the movie was good.

Now the story line was very unclear in the beginning, but progressed fairly well. There were a couple of parts that were kind of draggy, but they moved well through different aspects of the story. Like what happens when a bee stings someone and such. The story also show the importance of a bee's work. They are hear to make things more beautiful and though I don't think that it would be as drastic as it shows in the movie if bees weren't on the earth things could be a lot less colorful.

Anyway, overall the movie was good and I would give it a B grade, no pun intended.

2 comments:

Chels said...

You do realize that by giving it a B grade you automatically made it a pun, even if none was intended. Silly Tracy. It was a good movie, and I had a couple good laughs during it. I like it!

Unknown said...

I saw this tonight. Very funny. Kids didn't understand some of the jokes but that is OK. I would give it a "B" rating with full pun intended.