Monday, March 17, 2008

Song of the Day - March 17th, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day first off. Believe it or not, I don't have a ton of Irish music, even after living there for a couple years. There is a lot of good Irish music out there though including Chrisy Moore (see blog entry). I was thinking about picking one of his songs again, but none really fit the mood. Part of the Song of the Day is for a good pick me up.

So what is the Song of the Day you ask. Well it comes from a newer artist and it is sort of cheesy to pick but it is by an artist named Taylor Swift. She is a new country singer and she has some catchy songs. The song I'm going to choose is "Teardrops on my Guitar". Don't knock it till you listen to it. It's a pretty good song, good harmonies and a catchy tune. Not real upbeat but, again, catchy.

I'm pretty open in my love for music. I like artists from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Anthrax, Tim McGraw to Will Smith, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince to Queen. (Did you catch that, hehe) If you want me to listen to something, let me know and I will be glad to give it a listen.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

This entry was written and edited twice. If it sounds funny, sorry.

Melony said...

Have you listened to much Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Sevice and Jacks Mannequins? These are all great and we seem to have very similar taste in music so I thought...anyway, check them out if you haven't heard them.

Tracy said...

Took a listen to the suggestions, from what I heard...I really liked The Postal Service. The others were good, I would need to hear more to make a decision.

Melony said...

The singer for Postal Service is the same as Death Cab. He is very good and we really like it...