Friday, March 07, 2008

Looks Like Fun

Once in a while, when I get bored of my music, I go to Launch and find different music videos that I want to watch. It's pretty cool. I was a big fan of MTV when it was actually music videos and not the stupid shows that are there now. I did like watching the Osbourne's every once in a while. Anyway, back to Launch...

I've always thought it would be a lot of fun to be a singer and/or someone involved in making these videos. Some videos that come to mind from way back when are "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard and "Parents Just Don't Understand" by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. During the summer we'd watch the top 5 or ten videos of the day and these two were on it when we watched it. Some of the videos I watch now a days for kicks include some of the newer songs on the radio..."Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne, "White & Nerdy" by Weird Al, although that song hits way to close to home, and others. Launch has a lot of "Fans Only" videos where the fans have taken the song and made a video, you know singing and dancing in their element. I have seen a video of "These Boots Were Made for Walking" that would make the video maker very jealous, but it is hilarious. Anyway, videos do a great job of curing winter blues, especially if they are a fun summer song or a Kenny Chesney video, they are almost always on a beach somewhere tropic.

Something for a little fun...I heard Donny Osmond on the radio with the 101.9 guys this morning and this video came up. Here is the Donny cut that everyone needs to see.

No comments: